Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Political spin. Although given what we've heard every one should be for impeachment at this point. We got to impeachment because of what Trump did. Most Americans understand that he did something wrong. The plan to do a trial and not even try to call or get the documents by republicans just makes them historical accomplices to Trump's corrupt abuses if they go that route. In your mind Trump is withholding evidence that supposedly exhonerates him. That doesn't make sense does it?

It is absolutely not "political spin" to cite the objective facts. That Democrats have been eager and fantasizing about impeaching Trump since at least inauguration day 2017. Thee Washington Post online-published and article speculating about ways to impeach Trump less than 20 minutes after his inauguration.
Rep. Maxine Waters: "Impeach 45, I will not rest until he is impeached!", over a year before the July 25th phone call.
Rep Rashida Tlaib: "We're gonna impeach the motherf***er!", 9 months before the phone call.

The enthuiasm of Democrats to impeach Trump by any lying pretense is not "spin" it is demonstrable and absolute fact.

I would agree that objective fact isn't political spin but what you offer isn't objective. Nor is it in anyway a legitimate rationale for Trump to continue to block testimony and documents that from his impeachment trial. You want to talk about soviet style tactics! I think the earlier pretense was that the House process was unfair but Trump will still keep blocking that evidence while Moscow Mitch coordinates strategy with him. How utterly corrupt!

Fair play!