Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
From Reuters...
More than 700 scholars pen letter urging House to impeach Trump

Because they are 700 Democrat partisans who want Trump removed by whatever illegitimate means. And they know that not passing the impeachment legislation on to the Senate instantly kills their longshot scheme.

So consensus only mattered until I sighted the hundreds of legal scholars that don't agree with the couple you sighted. Got it. Oh and you can render such quick judgements on all of them too.

No, this is the same kind of stunt Democrats have been pulling since at least when W. Bush was president, where they have a long list of "scholars", lawyers, military officers, economists, state department officials, or somesuch (who by the oddest coincidence all happen to be Democrats!) condemn something a Republican president did to be worse than the rise of the Antichrist, and sign a showy petition to that effect that means nothing. All it really means is that they're Democrat partisans trying to damage a Republican president.

As I recall, Alan Dershowitz was asked about such a petition two months ago, and he said even if they were all accomplished lawyers and judges, they still are not competent to make such a declaration because they are not part of the proceedings and familiar with the details of the case.

i.e., it's a partisan-Democrat stunt.