Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Props to Romney btw. I think I can still hear Trump jr crying for his head

Romney is a self-serving traitor with an axe to grind. Trump doesn't have to do anything. The voters of Utah will not re-elect Romney. He just ended what was left of his political career.

Romney wasn't right or serving any higher purpose. It was a petty vindictive act against Trump, much like McCain's vindictive vote against Obamacare. With that act Romney destroyed himself.

Uhm how is Romney being self serving? Reading what he said about Trump’s guilt he made it pretty clear that he was going to pay for doing the right thing. Trump is well known for petty attacks even after the other person has died. Romney knows he’s probably committed political suicide but he was willing to vote his conscience.

Romney clearly has a vendetta against Trump. I think Romney did it with the arrogance that he could pull this off and still recover within 6 years and get re-elected. He won't. The blowback was way beyond what he expected. Laura Ingraham had an excellent opening editorial on it tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i1tUY7Z-bI

If Romney had supported Trump initially, and now he was breaking away to "do the right thing" I'd believe it. But Romney has shived Trump in the back at every turn for 4 years.
Even after Trump interviewed him for a cabinet position!
Even after Trump, at Romney's request, flew to Utah to campaign for his Senate election! Right after winning, Romney stabbed him in the back. AGAIN.
I'm a guy who supported Romney strongly in 2012, and felt like he was a moderate who could bring both sides together. But I've seen with both Romney and McCain that no matter how moderate, Dems will demonize even the most moderate and bipartisan Republican. Right wing! Racist! Warmonger!! Evil white guy! White Privelege! Crazy! Likewise W. Bush. Likewise Trump. Any Republican president or candidate will get the same treatment. It's not just Trump. And on top of that, Romney has demonstrated his chameleonlike lack of principle. And vindictiveness toward Trump.

And once Romney has outlived his usefuness as a weapon against Trump, House/Senate Democrats and the liberal media will again turn on Romney. It will be a short honeymoon.

Lol, we should be like you and demonize most of the opposition and anybody like Romney that actually voted his conscience? I saw that more than a few republicans actually agree with the democrats in the House about Trump being guilty but than voted to block evidence and than to acquit Trump. And they are quiet today as he had his petty vindictive meltdown at the bipartisan prayer meeting.

Fair play!