Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I’m sure Trump will be having his party and JOD investigating all his old enemies and whoever else might be the new political rival for 2020. Republicans have actually just been permanently investigating Hillary so nothing really new there. But you can bet democrats will be working to get that Bolton testimony and other testimony and documents. Trump’s corruption will just drip out in bits as courts eventually force him to comply.

You forget that DOJ, FBI, State Department, and IRS are all Democrat run federal branches, what Pompeo has described as "Democrat-occupied territory". With mid-level people who obstruct justice in the Democrat favor at every turn.
That's why Giuliani went himself to Ukraine. Because Ukranian officials had sent documentation and red-flagged corruption information to the State Dept, FBI and DOJ, and deep state/Democrat agents just buried it, Giuliani never saw it. Only by visiting Ukraine and bypassing those channels did Giuliani find the truth.

A G William Barr is a breath of fresh air, pursuing actual justice in the DOJ for the first time in a long time. I don't know if he can overcome the level of entrenched [Democrat] corruption in DOJ and FBI that exists to make actual justice occur. I hope so.
FBI director Christopher Wray, inspectors general in multiple departments, and the judges in the FISA Court seem to resist any meaningful reforms and preserve the status quo (i.e., preserve Democrat power and Democrat corruption, and ability to weaponize federal agencies).

I hope Barr-appointed John Durham's coming release of his investigation is enough to enact real change.

And like I said several posts back, you guys are once again going to be very disappointed with Bolton's testimony. If he even testifies.