Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
This fairy tale you’re trying to push is false based on the facts WB.

No, it's what I said. What Mitch McConnell himself said.

Originally Posted By: M E M
The House tried to get Bolton and others to testify but they refused. Bolton did say he would testify for the senate.

There, you just said it: BOLTON refused!
For reasons I've made clear, because of the House rules that didn't allow equal and impartial Republican ability to cross-examine witnesses. If the rules were fair and bipartisan, Trump and other Republicans would have been more cooperative. But why help Democrats stack the deck? Why reward them for partisanly denying equal access to supoena witnesses and cross examine?

After the leaks from his book it’s laughable that you even try to say there is nothing there.

Name your "proof". If it existed, it would be all over the news.

This was the first impeachment trial where the President tried to block all the witnesses and documents.

For reasons that the Democrats have partisanly shafted Trump and the Republicans, and denied Republicans the same ability to subpoena witnesses and to cross-examine witnessess, and in many cases not allowed Republicans to even attend SCIF-room closed-door hearings, some of whom had to wait weeks for the transcribed testimony they were not permitted to witness. EVEN AS THEY LEAKED ANYTHING FAVORABLE TO DEMOCRATS TO THE PRESS!
In the case of I C I G Atkinson, his testimony, even transcribed, was >>>>NEVER<<<< provided to the Republican House members. Indicating that there is something there the Democrats want to hide.
Than Senate Republicans helped with their votes for no witnesses.

This was also the first one where someone from the same party crossed over to vote to remove a president from their party. I feel bad for Romney as Trump and his supporters will make him pay for the rest of his life for putting country before party.

Asked and answered: Because Romney is an unprincipled backstabbing weasel. Romney has never supported Trump, has undermined him at every turn since 2016, even after he begged Trump to campaign for him, and Romney turned on Trump the moment he was elected Senator. Where is Romney's principled turn away from Trump? Never. Roney was a rat, is a rat, and the lying Democrats who were demonizing him for 13 years suddenly lionize Romney, and don't remember their own vicious attacks on Romney. Romney is only praised by you guys because he is a weapon for you Bolsheviks to attack Trump.

Romney put himself before party, thinking he could set himself up as the GOP alternative to Trump. Or at least spitefully destroy Trump as payback, whether or not Romney politically gained from it. But instead Romney after 4 years of attacks on Trump, has finally committed an offense for which his own party will never forgive him. Romney is the quintessence of a RINO, a Republican in name only, who undermines his own party at every turn.