Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Bill Clinton was impeached over process crimes. I think most people can understand why he lied about having an affair. Flynn and Stone were not hiding sex affairs though. You don’t have a principled stance on this WB. The rule of law is now a matter of if it helps Trump.

Clinton was asked a direct question, and told a direct lie.

In many of these perjury traps set for Trump's staff, it's a case where the FBI knew the correct answers in advance, and not needing an answer from Stone or Flynn or Manafort, set a trap for them, where the FBI subjectively determines whether it's a lie or not, just to make their case.

One of the "perjury" allegations against Stone was that he didn't disclose he sent texts to someone. But in the same deposition Stone clearly acknowledged that he communicated with the person by phone and e-mails.
And the four FBI lawyers on Stone's case, 3 of whom came directly from the Mueller investigation, certainly stretched the truth to whip up the indictment for "witness intimidation", when the witness in question said himself that he was not intimidated, and urged the prosecution not to charge Stone with that!

Add to that a partisan Obama-appointed judge, and how both the partisan judge and the partisan prosecutors selected an ultra-partisan jury foreperson and two other partisans for the jury with clear biases against Stone and Trump. A 5-minute check of their social media by either the judge or the prosecutors would have told them this. They would have to be morons not to know. And I think it's clear they weren't morons, but deliberately corrupted the jury selection to further assure their desired verdict.

I'm amazed at the audacity of the judge, with all these facts known and in the national news, hasn't declared a mis-trial, and has instead ordered to continue with sentencing! How does she expect to get away with it? I would think at this point, the defense has abundant grounds to appeal and get a new trial.
Another example of partisan justice with a (D) next to its name. Republicans get maliciously prosecuted, and Democrats get a free pass and don't even get investigated.