TRUMP SUPPORTERS REPORT ESCALATION IN POLITICAL VIOLENCE AGAINST THEM

Quote:
WASHINGTON (SBG) - It looked like the scene of a storm, but instead was where police say a Republican voter registration drive in Jacksonville, Florida was attacked Saturday.
The suspect, 27-year-old Gregory William Loel Timm later told police it was because he does not like President Donald Trump.

"This is really disgusting attacks that cannot be allowed to continue and unfortunately it looks like they are on the rise," said Liz Harrington, a spokeswoman for the Republican National Committee in an interview Friday.

Other recent examples include an alleged attack at Wildham High School in New Hampshire, which served as a polling place for this week’s primary.

34-year-old Patrick Bradley is facing several charges, for allegedly attacking Trump supporters there, including a 15-year old boy.
"It’s very unfortunate. Hopefully we can avoid things like this from happening in the future," said Sgt. Bryan Bliss, with the Windham Police Dept.

Nelson Gibson told CBS 12 he wasn’t allowed to enter his dialysis clinic with his "life-size cutout" of the president, though he was able to bring in smaller versions.
"I started with an 8 x 10 picture of him then a larger one then I upgraded myself to a life-size one they told me it was too much they told me i couldn’t bring it in," Gibson said in an interview.

The divisive nature of politics of course not a new thing.
And it’s not just Trump supporters who are the targets.

CNN headquarters in New York was one of more than a dozen targets for Trump supporter Cesar Sayoc, who is now serving a 20 year jail sentence for sending homemade pipe bombs to people considered to be enemies of Trump, including Joe Biden, John Brennan, Barack and Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton.

But it does seem like a very disproportionate ratio of the attacks are in one direction, on Republicans, not Democrats.

And it can persuasively be argued that has to do with the escalation of rhetoric from the Democrats that calls Republicans racists and nazis who cannot be tolerated, and openly incites violence against Republicans.
And likewise Democrat rhetoric against police.
And against ICE and Border Patrol.

It's not a coincidence that Democrat rhetoric against all these groups happens in unison with violent attacks on these same groups. In many cases repeating the rhetoric of the Democrats inciting them. As I've cited before, Antifa thug attacks on ICE compounds in Oregon and Texas both were shouting rhetoric that was verbatim that of public statements of Rep. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez.
Cortez, of course, had no comment, no apologies, no acknowledgement of her direct responssibility, and no calls to de-escalate either her party's rhetoric or the directly resultant violence.