Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Trump is trying to downplay this and crossing into actually misinforming the public in dangerous ways.

I realize this is the lying narrative you and your party are trying to sell, yes.
It remains a fact that Trump's early ban on Chinese flights to the U.S. (set in place while your party was still trying to maaliciously impeach him without evidence) has prevented tens of thousands of new infections in the U.S.
And Trump has been far more proactive than presidents during either the 2003 SARS outbreak, or the 2009 Swine flu outbreak.
As I said prior, Obama didn't even begin preventive measures until 20,000 in the U.S. were infected with Swine Flu, and 1,000 were dead already. Comparatively, there are currently about 150 infected with Covid-19, and 12 dead, 11 of the 12 in one nursing home in the Seattle area.

Draw your own conclusions. My conclusion is it's another lying Democrat narrative conspired to damage Trump. Even if the evil bastards in your party hurt the country even more in the process.

How can Trump "misinform" when it is NIH and CDC that are doing daily press briefings?
To manufacture panic, Democrats were lyingly alleging that NIH director, Dr. Anthony Fauci was being restrained and silenced, that Fauci himself quickly corrected to say was absolutely untrue, that there was no restraaint on his daily public statements of the known Coronavirus facts.