(8) UNDERATAKER vs. A.J. STYLES – Boneyard Match

A hearse backed into a graveyard. Druids opened a casket out of the back and out popped Styles. He was all smiles and said it was a great ride and it wan’t scary at all. He yelled out for Undertaker and said he was ready. He heard a motorcycle in the background. They added “Now That We’re Dead” by Mteallkica as Taker drove up with multiple camera angles of his arrival on a road outside the graveyard. Styles smiled and rubbed his hands together with anticipation as Taker walked into the graveyard. Styles said, “Come on, old man, let’s see what you’ve got.” They kept with music in the background that gave it a cinematic fight scene vibe. Taker called him “Allen” and asked, “Where are you going, son?” They added sound effects for punches like in TV and movies. He threw an elbow at Styles against a car window. Styles ducked and Taker cut his arm on the window. He threw Styles onto the windshield next. Taker told Styles, crawling on the roof, “There’s nowhere else to go, son.” Taker knocked Styles into a grave. He looked down and asked how it feels down there. Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows showed up. Anderson said, “We’re just getting started!” Taker walked over to them. Then there were suddenly bright lights behind a fence.

Druids showed up and pushed over the fence. Taker said, “If we’re going to do this, let’s do it.” He fended off the druids, but was overwhelmed by Anderson and Gallows. Taker fought back with a handle of a shovel. Styles then hit Taker from behind and crashed a vase over his head. Styles beat on Taker, then told him to just give up and retire “and let me bury you.” Styles speared Taker through a fence. Taker moaned in pain. “You just don’t have it anymore, old man,” Styles said. Then sad music played as Taker sat up, gasping for breath. Styles called him a broken shell of what he used to be. Styles said Taker isn’t a American Badass, he’s a broken down old bitch. Styles broke a shovel across the back of Undertaker, who then fell into the grave. Styles dropped dirt over him and said, “Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.” Styles started up a digger and was about to pour dirt on Taker, but Taker showed up behind him. Cue the dramatic comeback music. Styles got wide-eyed as Taker punched him to the ground. Taker raised his arms as Styles tried to run and suddenly there were flashes of light. Styles ran to a roof. Taker fought off Anderson and Gallows on the roof. He gave Anderson a Tombstone on the roof, then chokeslammed Styles off the roof. The back of Styles’s head crashed through some wood boards.

Taker walked over to Styles and asked if he remembers his wife’s name. He leaned over and said, “Why don’t you tell me how old you are? Hurt my legacy? Stay with me, boy. I’m not done yet. We’re just getting started.” He dragged Styles up by his arm, but Styles was just out of it. Taker lifted Styles and carried him over to the grave. Styles said he’s sorry. Taker asked him to tell him what he’s sorry for. He leaned over and said, “Your ribs hurt, don’t they?” Styles begged Taker, “Don’t bury me.” Taker picked up Styles and asked if he still thinks he’s an old man. Styles said, “I’m sorry.” Taker said he put up a hell of a fight. Taker said he just fought his ass off. He cradled him in his arms and appeared to be showing signs of respect. “There’s a lot of people who haven’t given me that kind of a fight. We’re good, brother.” Taker turned his back and began to walk away. Then he kicked Styles in the chest and sent him into the grave. Styles was flat on his back in the Elias position as Taker stared down at him. Taker started up a dirt digger and poured dirt over Styles’s body. His gong sounded. He got off the vehicle and wiped away some weeds and a gravestone said, “A.J. Styles: Rest in Peace: 1997-2020.” Taker limped away, picking up his head scarfs and putting it on, then riding away on his motorcycle. Metallica played again as Taker sped off and a graphic plugged part two of WrestleMania tomorrow night.

WINNER: Undertaker.

That was really really well done for what they were going for. It’s so far off the beaten path of what pro wrestling is, but if you are willing to accept under these circumstances and with the Taker gimmick something out of the ordinary, that was well produced and satisfying.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!