Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Amy from my state is probably in the running and she did well in the debates.

I suspect Klobacher is the frontrunner if not the presumptive favorite. She got out of the race so quickly one thinks a deal might have been cut, There's also the fact that she brings in some potential appeal to the midwest.

My thoughts exactly. Except that she's the wrong skin-color to be chosen by the current radicalized race-obsessed DNC.
She's demonstrated executive ability, and can draw the midwestern vote (something Elizabeth Warren has shown she clearly cannot).

But as far as making a contract with the devil to get out of the race quickly, quite a few of them did that, very oddly not even sstaying in till Super Tuesday. All handing the nomination over to Biden, the weakest DNC candidate. Biden is, if not a radical leftist himself, someone who has sold out and negotiated concessions (if elected) to every radical element in his party. Or if not Biden himself, promised by the handlers who are doing all Biden's thinking for him. He may have made promises to Klobuchar, but he's also made promises to many others. Including Beto O'Rourke, who he's promized to make his czar for seizing guns and taking away everyone's second amendment rights.

On Laura Ingraham last night, historian Victor Davis Hanson was talking about how the Democrat party leadership knew FDR was on the edge of death when he ran for a fourth term and won in 1944. They knew it just a matter of time till Truman became president. It turned out to be just 90 days after FDR was inaugurated for his fourth term. Hanson saw that as a parallel to what the Dems are trying to do with the re-animated corpse of Biden right now. He is just a place-holder, to get them over the finish line.

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
Again I’m not a good guesser but yes I would think that would be on the con side. I like Klobachar and I think she probably was heavily auditioning very much for VP with her run to begin with but she’s not flawless.

That I can agree with too. She's among the more likeable and less extreme Democrats, and among the most capable. But again, I think the party itself, and Biden as well from his rhetoric, are set on someone more, shall we say... colorful.