Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I know Trump and Pence tried saying that it was because of increased testing but not even your governor is willing to push that lie. As I cited he shut your bars down because of the skyrocketing spread of COVID-19. I hope Minnesota is avoiding a spike like Florida is seeing because more people are following the guidelines as the state continues to reopen. Otherwise we will have to backtrack like Florida has to now do.

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) said that the reason there were two days of around 9,000 caes per day was because of a "document dump", that there were multiple cases from many days cumulatively built up that were all reported on one day, despite that they were not all actually from that day.

Actually, two months ago, when I called the Palm Beach County commissioner's office, the secretary was very specific, long before this recent controversy, that the reported daily cases are not all from the day reported, and can be delayed reportings from multiple sources that can be from a day ago or several days ago or even up to 2 weeks ago, depending on the source submitting those statistics. That it can create the illusion that one particular day has an unusually high or low number of reported daily cases.