Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
So what crosses the line specifically for you guys in this expose?

The fact that these women deliberately use baseless rumor and innuendo to maliciously destroy the careers of male comic book professionals, knowing what they allege is false, that there isn't a shred of evidence to support what they allege?
Loathesome, the way Alex De Campi leaked rumors to publisher Simon & Shuster, to try and stop publication of Richard Meyer's JAWBREAKERS graphic novel, that had already been sold and was about to be released.
  • Alex De Campi Okay, I found the BC [bleedingcool?] article. I'm just going to do some quiet behind the scenes stuff, pay no attention to the gal behind the curtain...

These are really mean women, and I'm not even sure what their goal is, beyond just exerting power and destroying male creators' lives, and/or maliciously destroying the lives of people they ideologically disagree with, just because they can. Or perhaps just to maliciously sideline their male competitors, to open up opportunities for them to pick up other writing contracts.

That was literally the one thing that I saw that appeared to cross a line. De Campi is definitely insinuating that she’s going to try to do something but it’s pretty vague. The rest of the expose seems to consist of the author making allegations. How is someone posting “Industry tip: Don’t be a dick” even close to being shady? That’s just good advice in general. This secret author though presents it as a veiled threat. Besides the vague De Campi post there just isn’t anything else there. This is apparently part of a series so maybe the real juicy stuff is coming later?

Fair play!