Originally Posted by Pariah
Originally Posted by First Amongst Daves
Sorry if that wasn't clear:

a. "Red Mirage" means the premature conclusion that early counted votes mean a decisive GOP win;
b. The rise in Dem votes through postal ballot count has apparently shocked the GOP;
c. The GOP is litigating with the objective of restoring the outcome which manifested as the Red Mirage.

...Is circular reasoning now encouraged in the court room?

The rate of progression in the vote totals was red prior to the states freezing the system(s), therefore it must necessarily qualify as a Red Mirage...I feel dirty just sounding out the reasoning.

We don't have to rely on news organizations to observe the voting tallies over time. We can observe them using our own common sense without specious conceptualizations given cultural prevalence by private organizations operating under a banner of authority that was never actually given to them.

At the risk of you rage-quitting the board for another four years, should I post the picture of Plato's Cave again?

Originally Posted by First Amongst Daves
I've got to say I've shifted my views on Fox's reporting, at least on its website.

Yeah, people tend to like what they say when they find their projections palatable.

I don't think I've paid attention to mainstream news for, at least, seven years.

Water, meet duck's back. I engage in battles of wit with much more snide people than you on a daily basis.

It has been really interesting watching you over the past 20 years shift from a fairly reasonable libertarian to a pugnacious far right winger. With that shift came a complete loss of your sense of humour. I don't say that to barb you. I note it with no joy at all. I guess you're a case study for how a lot of Americans polarised their political views during that period.

The nature of disputes generally is that two people see a coin from different sides. It is still a coin, but each side looks different. It is educational and a good recalibration of perspective to try and see the other side of the coin. I'm not sure which echo chamber occupies your time nowadays, if you haven't bothered with the other side of the argument for seven years. But it sure seems to have cemented your world view.

Anyhoo... looks like Arizona is back in the pot. And look at Georgia! "Overnight Donald Trump was ahead in the state by 372,000 votes. Now his lead is just over 31,000."

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com