I posted this to another topic, but I think it underscores how illegitimate the Mueller special investigation, as well as the previous FBI counter-intelligence investigation, both were :

Democrat Ex-CIA Agent Says Comey Must Get The ‘Death Penalty’ If Found Guilty Of Treason

By Jim Hayek
May 3, 2020

Disgraced former FBI Director James Comey should face the death penalty if found guilty for weaponizing FBI against Donald Trump and his campaign in 2016, according to ex-CIA agent and Democrat Bryan Dean Wright.

“My preference, I’d love to see the death penalty,” Wright said on Fox & Friends Friday. “And boy oh boy, I’ll tell you, if I could flip the switch myself, I’d do it.”

“Because these men are traitors. They absolutely assaulted not just the Trump administration, but your vote, my vote, and anybody who went to the ballot box in 2016 irrespective of who we voted for.”

“They decided that they were going to choose the nation’s political winners and losers,” Wright added.

Wright’s remarks come after the government released documents last week from General Michael Flynn’s investigation showing the FBI deliberately tried to set up and frame Flynn in order to get him fired or prosecuted.

Among the most damning evidence was a hand-written FBI note describing how they were going to entrap Flynn.

“What’s our goal? Truth/Admission or to get him to lie, so we can prosecute him or get him fired?” reads the note, written by the FBI’s then-director of counterintelligence.

“If we get him to admit to breaking the Logan Act, give facts to DOJ & have them decide. Or, if he initially lies, then we present him [redacted] & he admits it, document for DOJ, & let them decide how to address it.”

Flynn’s attorney Sidney Powell claimed the “stunning” evidence proves that Flynn was framed by “corrupt agents at the top of the FBI.”

“The government produced to Mr. Flynn stunning Brady evidence that proves Mr. Flynn’s allegations of having been deliberately set up and framed by corrupt agents at the top of the FBI,” Powell wrote on Friday.

“The government deliberately suppressed this evidence from the inception of this prosecution — knowing there was no crime by Mr. Flynn,” she wrote.

Attorney General William Barr has indicated that he believes the FBI’s “Russia collusion” investigation into Trump and his campaign is “one of the greatest travesties in American history” because it was launched “without any basis” by Trump’s political opponents to “sabotage” his presidency.

“I think the president has every right to be frustrated, because I think what happened to him was one of the greatest travesties in American history,” Barr told Fox News host Laura Ingraham last month.

“Without any basis they started this investigation of his campaign, and even more concerning, actually is what happened after the campaign, a whole pattern of events while he was president,” Barr added. “So I — to sabotage the presidency, and I think that – or at least have the effect of sabotaging the presidency.”

That these facts were widely known a year ago, that judge Emmett Sullivan maliciously kept the case against Flynn going even after the FBI admitted to their internal corruption and withdrew their prosecution of Michael Flynn, the fact that Barack Obama, Joe Biden, then-acting attorney general Sally Yates, national security advisor Susan Rice, FBI director James Comey, CIA director John Brennan, DNI director James Clapper, and then-white house chief of staff Denis McDonough, all conspired to frame Michael Flynn on Jan 5 2017. All this was revealed in a memo by Sally Yates, that the 2 FBI agents investigating, after months of investigation of the case against Michael Flynn, saw no evidence of wrongdoing, and were going to close the case.

But when the 2 agents notified up the FBI management chain to Peter Strzok of this on Jan 4 2017, Strzok ordered the agents to leave it open and that the "7th floor" (FBI upper management) would take over the case.
And on Jan 5th the above 8 people (Obama, Biden, Yates, Rice, Clapper, Brennan, Comey and McDonough) were in a White House meeting, and Yates in her notes said she was shocked at the the information Obama cited at the meeting, from transcripts of Flynn's recorded phone conversation with the Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
Transcripts that even Yates as acting DOJ attorney general didn't have!
That were so disturbing to Yates when Obama quoted them that she said in her notes, she was so shocked by it she "had trouble processing" what Obama said during the remainder of the oval office meeting!

Notes from Sally Yates, notes from Bill Priestap, notes from Susan Rice, notes from Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, documents of the fraudulent and falsified FISA requests by Kevin Clinesmith, among others have all either been FOIA-requested, or de-classified by Trump's DNI, and **ALL** these documents reveal a pattern of deliberate deception, of weaponizing the FBI by Democrat partisans within the FBI and DOJ, to frame Flynn and others of the Trump administration. Absolutely no question now, that is exactly what happened.

That this has been known and in the national press FOR A YEAR, and yet no one has been prosecuted, is a disgrace.
And at the very least, an absolution for everyone in the Trump administration who was targeted, in a corrupt weaponization of FBI, DOJ and other intelligence branches.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/tom-fittons-weekly-update/oval-office-meeting/

https://www.judicialwatch.org/tom-fittons-weekly-update/oval-office-meeting/