Man, over 4 years later, and this case is still moving through the process.
Ever so slowly.

And...

WOMAN SAYS SHE CAN'T SERVE ON JURY BECAUSE SHE HAS TO SEE HER SUGAR DADDY DAILY

A prospective juror for the sentencing of Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz told the judge she wouldn’t have time for the civic duty — because she’s both married and has a “sugar daddy.”
Parkland gunman Nikolas Cruz pleaded guilty in October to 17 counts of first-degree murder and 17 counts of attempted murder in connection with the massacre.

But the death-penalty trial was delayed after prosecutors said they needed more time to interview the mental health experts who are expected to testify on behalf of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School killer.
The three-step jury selection process, which began Monday, is expected to last two months, followed by a four-month trial to determine if Cruz receives the death penalty or life in prison without the possibility of parole.

During the proceeding, Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer asked whether she had missed anyone with concerns or questions, courtroom video shows.
“Did you have a question?” she asks one of the prospective jurors, whom she identified as “Miss Bristol.”

“This is a whole entire month,” the woman replies. “First of all let me clarify myself, July 2nd is my birthday, July 4th is my son, and the 18th is my other son.”
Scherer tells her to slow down.
“Don’t talk too fast, we have to be able to understand … so you said that the July, there’s dates in July that you’re not available? What are those dates?” the judge asks.

“July 7th, July 4th, and July 18th … And again, I need to figure out something. I have my sugar daddy that I see every day,” Bristol answers.

“I’m sorry?” Scherer asks in a deadpan manner as she cocks her head.
“My sugar daddy,” Bristol repeats.

“OK, I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking about but we’ll …,” the judge interjects.
“I’m married, and I have my sugar daddy. I see him every day,” Bristol says.

“OK. All right. Ma’am, we’ll come back to you, OK? Thank you,” Scherer responds.
More than 120 of the first 160 prospective jurors were dismissed — including Bristol, Fox News reported.

Meanwhile, the judge has ruled that the jury will tour the bloodstained, bullet-pocked building where Cruz murdered 17 people on Valentine’s Day in 2018.
Scherer rejected a defense argument that a jury tour of the three-story building is not necessary because there are videos and photos of the crime scene and would only serve to inflame the jurors’ passions.
“The Court finds that a jury view of the crime scene remains useful and proper, even in light of the current posture of the case,” Scherer wrote in a ruling posted Monday.

“The purpose of a jury view is to assist the jury in analyzing and applying the evidence presented at trial,” she added.

Once again proving that truth is stranger than fiction. Or at least as strange.
I can picture the two sons in school with the other kids: "Hey isn't your birthday on July 2nd... ?"
And the husband at this point has to be aware of the sugar daddy too. There's a million stories in the big city.

I find it amazing that a lawyer could argue it is "prejudicial" to simply have jurors see what is objectively the crime scene.