Originally Posted by Wonder Boy

When I think of "Pre-Code" comics, the two publishers that immediately come to mind for me are Quality Comics (begun by Will Eisner and Jerry Iger, Eisner-Iger studios), and Fiction House. And I happened to notice that one of the few female comics illustrators from that period, Lily Renee (born May 12 1921) turned 100 last year, and will be 101 tomorrow !

http://spanengrish.blogspot.com/2011/07/comic-book-legend-lily-renee.html

The bulk of her work was for Fiction House (the publisher that pretty much created what we now call "good girl art") .
And Lily Renee did several good girl art series for them:

FIGHT COMICS issues 34-44, 47-51 (complete stories linked) ________________ "Senorita Rio" series , Oct 1944 - Aug 1947---
Lily Renee covers on 37, 39, 40, and 47

PLANET COMICS 32-49 (link is to covers only) ____________________________ "The Lost World" series, Sept 1944 - July 1947
Lily Renee covers on 33, 39

RANGER COMICS 14-38, 40 (link is to covers only) ________________________ "The Werewolf Hunter" series, Dec 1943 - April 1948
No Renee covers on RANGER COMICS.

WINGS COMICS 31-48 (link is to covers only) _____________________________ "Jane Martin, Pilot" series, Mar 1943 - Aug 1944
No Renee covers on WINGS COMICS.

And I was sorry to see that Lily Renee, one of the longest surviving Golden Age/ Pre-Code artists, either male or female, finally died a few months ago at the age of 101,
on August 24 2022.

It was interesting to me that she gave up drawing comics in the 1940's, got married and lived an entirely different life for 60 years, until she was approached by artist Trina Robbins who did a book about women creators in comics, and only then attended conventions and in her final years enjoyed some celebrity as a female comics artist.

[Linked Image from gatheringbooks.files.wordpress.com]
Lily Renee photo, the 1940's.

[Linked Image from askart.com]
Lily Renee photo, in her final years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily_Ren%C3%A9e

[Linked Image from lambiek.net]

A sample of her art, on the "Senorita Rio" series.