Originally Posted by Matter-eater Man
I think a healthy society is actually the opposite than the ones that try to make everyone fit to what the majority deems normal. I’m grateful to be part of that generation where enough people like yourself WB who had nothing to gain personally but saw the injustice and helped bring the nation to legalizing gay marriage. The society you want actually requires using fear and threats, people pretending to be who they aren’t. I remember being a gay teenager and having to hide out of fear because of people like you. I know how someone like Hitler came into power by stoking and using fear against Jews, gays and others along with lots of nationalism.

You're conflating a lot of things that aren't connected, predictably (as your side always does) insinuating anyone who doesn't agree with you is a Nazi.
They're not.

It is YOUR SIDE who are trying to silence anyone who disagrees with you, to the point there can't even be a debate or dialogue.
YOUR SIDE who attack conservatives at booksignings or university speaking appearances, prevents Republicans/conservatives from being able to appear as university guest speakers, or even at university graduation appearances.

It is YOUR SIDE (pretty much everyone in the Clinton, Obama and Biden administrations, DOJ and FBI) who worships people like Che Gueverra, Mao, Lenin, Stalin, Castro, the Sandinistas, Hugo Chavez ("very effective, and a good model to follow" --Obama communication czar Mark Lloyd).
And YOUR SIDE who has intruded so much on the ability of conservatives to say or practice what we believe, that we are ready to lash back with whatever it takes to push you away from our tread-upon freedom, our homes, our schools, our children, our guns, and incredibly, even our light bulbs, our cars, our gas and woodfire stoves.

You (the Democrat-Bolshevik Left) have intruded on and weakened our borders, our schools, our military, our economic system, that we are in danger of our nation being destroyed by those changes. At what point do we have a right to defend ourselves, get angry, to push back?
I know the answer. For you on the Bolshevik Left, we NEVER have a right to dissent or fight back. You have a right to your "lifestyle", we don't.
That is precisely the reason the Democrat/Left wants to take away citizens' guns, so the people CANNOT fight back, no matter how oppressive it gets.

Gay/Trans sex criminals targeting children with school-sponsored trans outreach parties, or transvestites doing lapdances and strip-club type antics for elementary school children, is grounds for arrest and conviction. If not finding them beaten to death in an alley the next day.

Gay/Trans teachers abusing their positions, openly boasting and plotting in Tik Tok videos to secretly recruit and indoctrinate children, or to secretly get them on puberty blockers and into self-mutilating sex-change surgery, is also a crime that warrants the maximum backlash. And most reasonable and normal people would not even question going after the people who would target children in this way, by either legal or illegal retribution.

Not "rights for gays", but maliciously and openly chanting: "WE'RE HERE, WE'RE QUEER, WE'LL TAKE AWAY YOUR CHILDREN."
Does that REALLY sound like just gay rights to you, M E M ?!?
Or are you capable of seeing that is an insurrection targeted to take away heterosexual, religious and conservative peoples' rights, to target and prey on their children?
To target and prey on a free constitutional republic, to ideologically abuse that freedom, to crush that constitutional republic and replace it with a Cultural Marxist authoritarian one-party system?
Saul Alinsky tactics. Cultural Marxism. Critical Theory. Critical RACE theory. Critical GAY TRANS theory. Black Liberation theology. Anti-Colonialism. "Intersectionalism". "1619 Project" "Black Lives Matter."
Your-side, compartmentalizing and smothering all dissenting thought, until no one in the center or Right is even allowed to speak, who disagrees with your side.
And in the end, the Left will turn on themselves, violently turning on any Democrat sub-group who isn't their particular kind of Bolshevik.
Ask Tulsi Gabbard.
Ask Joe Manchin.
Ask Kyrsten Sinema.
Ask Riley Gaines.

That's a lot different than those in the mainstream targeting people for just being gay. I had at least 3 friends in my high school graduating class who at the time I at least suspected were gay, and they were then and are now my friends. But being gay and wanting to live in your own subculture is way different than maliciously targeting and recruiting children to the trans/gay side who never asked for it, and/or were confused into it.
Just about every person I've seen interviewed who had sex-change surgery has regretted it. For gay/trans teachers --TEACHERS !!--- to use their position to target, confuse and pervert normal kids into that lifestyle, that is unforgivable, and solicits the most extreme and vigorous backlash.

We as a society have always used "fear and threats", if you wish to term it that way, a deterrent to dangerous, criminal and destructive behavior that offends and endangers the rest of society. To deter murders and drug trafficking, and prostitution, and violent crime. A healthy society encourages behavior it wants, that strengthens our society (community, tax-exempt churches, volunteerism, education mentoring, family, purchasing homes), and it deters behavior it doesn't want (crime, deviancy, and other behavior that disrupts and hurts society).

And in the last 5 years, In exactly the way Democrat/Leftist ideology has been used to eliminate penalties, release violent criminals en masse from prisons, to enable and increase those violent crimes, so are these same Leftist idealogues simultaneously doing the same over the last decade or so to enable the most vile in the Leftist/Marxist/gay/trans community to target children.
It is not about rights or "freedom" for gays at this point, gays have had that since at least the 1980's, it is about the Left exerting power, weaponizing the gay/trans movement to crush and humiliate and silence conservative free speech and religion, silencing any dissent, to consolidate one-party authoritarian leftist power.
Gays are just the willing participants, or the dupes, in that.