And this new sample of Guy H. Lillian's talent as a letterhack, from GREEN LANTERN 82, Feb March 1971, expressing his initial enthusiasm for the O'Neil/Adams GREEN LANTERN series, that ran from 76-87 and 89, and as a backup after in FLASH 217-219.

[Linked Image from milehighcomics.com]
https://viewcomiconline.com/green-lantern-1960-issue-82/

Dear Editor,
Green Lantern # 79. Something has happened here.
It's called Denny O'Neil, Neal Adams, and Dan Adkins, Julius Schwartz.
It's called innovation, relevance, risk-taking, and artistic endeavor. It's called honest and fearless work, instead of hack garbage. It's called new respect for an old hobby.
"Ulysses Star is alive!"
So, now, is my interst in comic magazines. I'm 21 years old, and a veteran of Peoples Park and lesser collisions between the cultures. Comic magazines have been something of an atavism in my life --indeed, were such when I had my first LOC published in the eighth grade-- not even excepting adult characters like Deadman and Enemy Ace.

The Green Lantern/Green Arrow series has put a whole new perspective on my relationship with the field, and this story, this brilliant, intelligent (such a thing in comics? The mind bogglewoggles) utterly splendid work of art --yes I said art, I said ART, has snapped it all in focus.
It may win an Alley --but it has won far more than that from me. It has won my respect.

I am gratified, justified and astonished. Good, good show, people. The wanderings of Jordan, Queen and Guardian will have a faithful audience in me. If they're ever down Berkeley way --and I hope they make it someday--- have 'em drop in at Barrington Hall. I can find 'em a place to crash. It's the least I owe them.
If comics ever go, it's with artfulness and glory.
And I'm happy. I've seen the words of Norman Mailer in a comic magazine. I've seen it all.
-- GUY H. LILLIAN III, Kenner, LA.

( As veteran fans know, we've been dubbing MR. ( imagine! 21 years old now! ) Lillian "Our Favorite Guy" for many years. We're pleased to note that with all the schooling he's absorbed since he started out as an LOC-er, that when he waxes enthusiastically now about an issue, he does it with an educated polish! --JS )

With many similar exultations of comics excellence on O'Neil /Adams' work, letters published across future issues of GREEN LANTERN, BATMAN, and DETECTIVE COMICS, in the years to follow.