WWE WrestleMania XL PLE Results: 4-7-24 (Night #2)

(1) SETH ROLLINS (c) vs. DREW McINTYRE – World Heavyweight Championship match

Drew McIntyre exploded out of his corner and delivered a Claymore to Seth Rollins in the opening second of the match. He hooked the leg for a very close near fall. CM Punk called it “smart.” Graves agreed. Drew lined up for a second one, but Rollins astutely rolled to the outside to save himself. McIntyre followed. He gave Seth an overhead belly-to-belly, then took a cell phone from his wife in the front row. He pretended to text somebody and take a selfie, then handed the phone back and promptly delivered another overhead belly-to-belly. Drew turned to CM Punk at the announcers desk. “You recognize this one?” he said as he hooked Rollins for the Future Shock DDT. Seth slipped free and gave McIntyre a Pedigree.

The World Heavyweight Champion rolled his challenger back in the ring and delivered a quick stomp. Seth landed awkwardly, selling the injured knee. He covered awkwardly. McIntyre kicked out at two. The two began trading punches as the match crossed 3:30. Punk talked up the merits of both wrestlers, saying he respects their games as much as he dislikes them both. McIntyre broke the right hand stalemate with a Glasgow Kiss. He shook off the cobwebs and delivered a neckbreaker. Drew kipped up and trounced to the corner, calling for another Claymore.

“3, 2, 1!” the crowd chanted with McIntyre. He charged for another Claymore, but Seth moved. He pulled Drew in and hit him with another Pedigree. Rollins followed up immediately with another Stomp. He hooked the leg for a believable near fall. Punk said Rollins’ offense is compromised and he’s hurt. “Rollins’ body is beginning to fail,” Graves said. Seth began to ascend the northeast turnbuckle. He went for a super Stomp, but McIntyre moved. Drew went for another Claymore. Seth broke free. Rollins tried the Stomp again. McIntyre blocked it and delivered a Future Shock DDT. He covered for a near fall at 6:45. A “this is awesome” chant broke out as McIntyre turned his attention to CM Punk. He did Punk’s signature “go to sleep” taunt.

McIntyre set Rollins up for the G.T.S. Seth slid down his back. Rollins missed wildly with a clothesline. Drew hit the ropes and dropped Seth with a Claymore on the bounce back. He hooked both legs for another near fall. Both men were down. Drew rolled to the outside and began clearing off the announcers desk. Punk said that doubt is creeping into the mind of McIntyre, within earshot. Drew wasn’t phased. He dragged Seth outside and set him up for a Powerbomb. Seth fought free with punches to the head. Drew put him down gently on the table. Seth slammed McIntyre’s head against the desk repeatedly, then gave him a kick to the head. Rollins crawled to the Spanish announcers desk, clearing a path for himself to get a running start. Rollins gave Drew a Stomp on the table.

Seth rolled Drew back in the ring, looking to put him away. Drew popped to his feet and gave Rollins another Claymore. He hooked the leg for another near fall at 10:05. “McIntyre is about to go insane,” Cole exclaimed. Punk said he’d have to steal his stuff to get the job done. Instead, McIntyre shrugged off the frustration and hit another Claymore. He hooked the leg again, and this time, scored a three count.

WINNER: Drew McIntyre in 10:32 to win the World Heavyweight Championship

McIntyre sat in the middle of the ring, clutching his new Championship. Seth Rollins rolled to the outside and looked back at the ring. Tears were forming in his eyes. McIntyre left the ring and gave his wife a kiss. He circled ringside and climbed atop the announcers desk, laying the title in front of CM Punk. He started talking trash. “I want you know I can’t hear a word you’re saying because I have cans on,” Punk said. Drew told Punk he’d end his career, “I’m serious. Get a shot, I want this framed on my wall.” McIntyre held the title in Punk’s face. He turned to leave, but Punk grabbed his ankle, tripping him.

Punk removed his elbow brace and clocked Drew in the head with it. The crowd went wild. Judgment Day’s music hit and Damian Priest ran to the ring. He got a running start and cracked McIntyre over the head with the briefcase. Punk just stepped aside. Priest rolled Drew in the ring as Samantha Irvin announced the cash-in.

(2) DREW McINTYRE (c) vs. DAMIAN PRIEST – World Heavyweight Championship match

Damian Priest delivered South of Heaven and pinned McIntyre for a three count.

WINNER: Damian Priest in :07 to win the World Heavyweight Championship

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!