WWE WrestleMania XL PLE Results: 4-7-24 (Night #2)

(5) LOGAN PAUL (c) vs. KEVIN OWENS vs. RANDY ORTON – WWE United States Championship Triple Threat match

Michael Cole opened the match by stating Randy Orton is competing in his 19th WrestleMania. Logan Paul slid from the ring as soon as the bell rang. Orton and Kevin Owens cornered him and tossed him back and forth, delivering hard chops to his chest before eventually slamming him against the edge of the ring, the steel steps, and the announcers desk. Orton gave him a back drop onto the desk. Graves said it might be a good idea for them to move. “I’ve seen a Randy Orton match or two,” he said.

Owens copied Randy, giving him another back drop. Orton said he was okay, but he needed to get a little bit higher. Orton demonstrated, giving Logan some extra elevation. “I totally see it!’ Owens said. They tossed the champion back in the ring. Owens asked to try again. He hoisted Paul up, but Logan flipped over him and shoved Owens, who collided with Orton. KO and Randy talked it out and turned right back to Paul. They beat him down again. “This is our show!’ Owens told the crowd. They roared. Kevin asked Paul if he was having a good time. Logan screamed in pain.

Randy dropped Paul with a back elbow. Owens gave him a Senton. Both men covered the champion at the same time. Both Kevin and Randy shrugged. Kevin suggested they wait a little while a continue beating Logan up. Randy agreed. Orton then tried to give Owens an RKO. Owens blocked it. The two stared each other down. Orton just shrugged. “Do you want to do this now?” Kevin asked. Orton nodded. They began firing wildly at each other. Almost immediately, Paul flipped into the ring and clotheslined them both.

“Logan sucks!” the crowd said as he mocked Orton’s taunt. The U.S. Champion bashed KO’s head against the middle turnbuckle repeatedly as the match crossed 5:00. The crowd started a loud “Gatorade” chant. Logan downed Orton in the corner. KO took Paul down and climbed to the top rope. Owens went for a Swanton, but Paul got his knees up. He leapt to the top rope and delivered a Swanton of his own. He immediately rolled to his feet and gave Orton a Senton for a cover and two count. Owens rolled to the side. Orton and Paul rose slowly, trading punches. Paul got the better of the veteran, peppering him with uppercuts. He dropped Orton to his knees. The crowd booed louder than they had all night to this point. Orton returned to his feet and tossed Paul to the outside.

The challengers traded blows. Owens hit the ropes, but Orton caught him with a snap Powerslam. He tossed Owens to the apron and set him up for his signature DDT. Paul broke it up. Logan looked for the Buckshot Lariat, but Orton caught him with another Snap Powerslam. He tossed Logan to the apron and pulled Owens back in, delivering his signature DDT to both men. “Vintage Orton!” Cole called. Randy dropped to the mat and pounded his fists. He looked to both opponents. He went to Paul first, who shoved him away. Owens caught him with a Superkick. KO landed a kick on Paul, then stunned Orton. Randy slid to the outside. Owens covered Paul for a two count.

Orton returned quickly, cutting off Owens’ attempt to climb the turnbuckles. The two teetered at the top. Paul joined in, setting Orton up for a Powerbomb. Randy punched him, too. Owens gave Randy a pair of headbutts, knocking him to the floor. Paul caught Owens with a right hand. Kevin scooped Paul and gave him a strange looking Powerslam off the top. He climbed the ropes quickly and hit a Moonsault for a cover and near fall just past 10:30. Orton went for another RKO on KO, but it was blocked again. He rolled Randy up for two. Both men popped up. Kevin went for a Stunner. Orton blocked it, spun Kevin around and landed the RKO. He hooked the leg, but KO got a shoulder up. McAfee said everyone in the world thought he had it.

KO rolled to safety on the floor. Orton nearly got caught with a brass knuckle shot from Logan Paul, but he ducked. Paul swung back and connected the second time. He hooked the leg, but Orton kicked out at the last moment. Paul was shocked. He sized Orton up for another shot. KO leapt onto the apron, grabbing Paul by the hair. Logan turned around and punched KO with the knuckles, first in the gut, then in the head. Paul pulled Orton to his feet, talking trash. He reared back for another punch with the knuckles. Orton hit him with an RKO out of nowhere. He was too dazed to make the cover. Both men writhed on the mat as the match ticked toward 14:00.

The Viper found the brass knuckles on the mat. He picked them up and handed them to the referee. Instead, Orton got set up for a punt. The Prime bottle pulled Paul from the ring. He took his cap off, revealing IShowSpeed, a YouTuber. He barked at Orton, then kicked him in the gut. Orton slammed him against the the announcers desk and tossed him onto it. Orton barked back at him and gave him an RKO through the desk.

Paul tossed Orton back in the ring, leapt to the top rope, and went for a Frog Splash. Orton moved. Owens gave Paul a Stunner. Orton went for an RKO on Owens, but KO blocked it an stunned him, too. KO lifted Randy to his feet and tossed him off the ropes, looking for a Pop-up Powerbomb. He hoisted him into the air, but Orton turned his body and hit an RKO on the way back down. Paul immediately returned to the ring and blindsided Orton, driving him into the ring post and out of the ring. Paul climbed the northeast turnbuckle and hit a splash on Owens for a cover and three count.

WINNER: Logan Paul in 17:37 to retain the WWE United States Championship

(Really entertaining triple threat match that had the crowd invested from the get-go. Orton and Owens’ friendship at the start was endearing, and I loved the fact that KO basically narrated their inevitable downfall. There was an obvious understanding that they’d eventually come to blows, and I thought they did a fun job setting the whole thing up. Once Paul was able to get involved with his offense, the pace quickened and all three guys managed to get some great spots in. I could’ve done without the appearance of the YouTuber. It didn’t really seem like the crowd necessarily knew the guy, but rather, just wanted to see anyone associated with Paul get beat up. I’m glad that, if nothing else, his involvement didn’t directly lead to the finish. It made sense for KO to take the fall here, as he always sort of felt like the third wheel in this match. I’d imagine we’ll see Orton face Paul one on one before too long.)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!