Quote:

Dave said:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">John's SUPERMAN was interesting... but WHAT was the point of the "pocket universe Supergirl", when they'd gone to such LENGTHS to KILL OFF the original, then say she "now never existed"??? (And besides-- in Post-CRISIS DC, we have Power Girl-- AND Mary Marvel!!!)
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was fucking pointless. You're right: Power Girl could easily have filled the role.

I am sure to remember in an interview in one issue of the fanzine Amazing Heroes of the time, that he originally planned to use Powergirl.

I vaguely remember to have read that "Powergirl would have been discovered in the ice of the Antarctic, with no memories of her past".

But it came the issue of Secret Origins and the mini-series, that made Powergilr unavailable, so he choose to create the pocket Universe.

I still have that issue of Amazing Heroes at my mother's home. If any of you is interested in that, I can try to find it.