A couple more S&S series come to mind.

DAX THE WARRIOR was in EERIE magazine. The stories are no great shakes, but the art was my introduction to the incredible ESTEBAN MAROTO, who drew the sexiest women I had ever seen at that tender young age. Maroto did a ton of work for Warren, but precious few VAMPI episodes (which I always thought was odd). Among his more recent work has been THE ATLANTIS CHRONICLES, ZATANNA: COME TOGETHER and the tragically unfinished LADY RAWHIDE: OTHER PEOPLE'S BLOOD, which has the sad distinction of being cancelled in mid-story-- TWICE!! (Why don't they just issue a complete graphic novel and be done with it???)

AXA was a newspaper strip-- in more than once sense-- that ran in England, from Enrique Romero. She was a woman in a post-apocalyptic future society who, like the characters in LOGAN'S RUN, leave the paradise of a doned city to travel in the savage wastelands outside. She was based on Bridget Bardot, and tended to be topless in around half the panels. This probably explains why it was never run in any US papers!

Now, here's the furstrating part. Ken Pierce reprinted the entire run of the newspaper strip in a set of 9 books. BUT-- to package them in "prestige format" books, the art was SHRINK to practically postage-stamp size (probably about what most US papers run strips as, these days) so the impact of all that gorgeous art is seriously diminished. Further, the strip was cancelled in mid-story, so Book 9 ends on a cliffhanger.

Eclipse did a brand-new AXA graphic novel-- IN FULL COLOR!!! This was done in "TPB" format (about magazine size) so Romero was really able to shine. But then, Eclipse decided to do a new 3-issue mini-series, in comic-book format. Rather than get around to finishing the story from the newspaper, they went ahead with another new story. BUT-- the mini was cut short 2 issues into the 3. As a result, there remain not one but TWO Axa stories left unfinished!!!!! (Don't you HATE it when that happens?)