Quote:
Captain Sweden said:
I have a very exciting science fiction comic by Harlan Ellison and Marshall Rogers titled "The Glass Hand". I understand now why Ellison was credited as an inspiration for "The Terminator".

I enjoyed that one too. I don't know the format you read it in your native Sweden, but here in the United States, it was as DC Science Fiction graphic novel # SF 5, DEMON WITH A GLASS HAND

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=10131771

Ellison began his career in 1956 as a writer for science fiction and detective pulps.
"Demon With A Glass Hand" is one of several loosely connected short stories Ellison did in the late 1950's, chronicling Earth at war with an alien race known as the Kyben.

Many of these Ellison stories have been adapted into comics form, in addition to this "Demon With a Glass Hand" book by Marshall Rogers.
Most by artist Ken Steacy, in EPIC ILLUSTRATED magazine in the early 1980's:

• "Sleeping Dogs" in EPIC # 4, Winter 1980 (b and w art)

"Life Hutch" in EPIC # 6, June 1981 (b and w art)

"Run for the Stars" in EPIC # 11, April 1982 (full color painted art, beautiful !)

These Ellison/Steacy stories were collected in a Comico graphic novel, NIGHT AND THE ENEMY, fully colored with some new art, around 1987-1988.

One of my favorite Earth/Kyben-war short stories by Ellison was "The Crackpots", which never made it into comics form, but is collected in Ellison's 1967 anthology of stories, Paingod.

"Demon With A Glass Hand" was first done as a TV episode in 1964, of the original black and white TV series THE OUTER LIMITS (episode 37), in that series' second and final season.
The other OUTER LIMITS episode Ellison wrote (and also won the Hollywood Screen Writers' Guild of America award for best teleplay for the year) was "Soldier" ( episode 33), the first episode of OUTER LIMITS' second season.

Ellison also won the Screen Writers' Guild award for best screenplay for the STAR TREK episode "City on the Edge of Forever", co-starring Joan Collins, in 1967.

Ellison's many contributions to the comics field were recently listed in his COMIC BOOK ARTIST magazine interview, issue 23 (December 2002).

Interviewed and checklisted in the same CBA issue is Mike Mignola, whose work is another treasure-trove of pulp-type material in comics.
http://twomorrows.com/comicbookartist/index.html

Regarding Ellison's contribution to James Cameron's movie The Terminator, it was involuntary on Ellison's part, and Ellison sued regarding this, I can't recall the outcome.
There's a message in the end credits of The Terminator:
  • "An acknowledgement to the works of Harlan Ellison."

But that didn't change the fact that Ellison's story ideas were used without payment or permission of the author, for which Ellison sued.
The two primary story ideas in Terminator that were borrowed from Ellison were
(1) an intelligent super-computer put in charge of the world's nuclear weapons, that deliberately starts a nuclear war to wipe out human civilization ( from Ellison's story "I Have No Mouth I Must Scream" )
and
(2) a technologically designed killing-machine soldier sent back in time ( from Ellison's short story and OUTER LIMITS episode "Soldier" )