quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
There is still more than enough ignorance going around (ex: Captain Sammich here) to make a marriage an unnecessary burden. It's sad but true.

Yeah, that's cute. I'm ignorant for not approving of stuff you do. Not agreeing with you doesn't automatically make me wrong. Don't interpret my lack of approval for a lifestyle as a lack of respect for an individual - I don't throw stones or thump Bibles at people for doing something I don't see as right. However, it seems that you are unwilling to extend a similar courtesy to me, finding me 'ignorant' and unworthy of your respect simply because I stated my personal beliefs - without even stating an intention to interfere with yours!

Observe that I am not launching ad hominem attacks against you or others with similar beliefs, yet you find it necessary to berate me (probably without reading anything else I've said) for simply holding a different opinion. Either you're trying to start something so you can duck behind the almighty shield of political correctness and throw your dogmatic pebbles with impunity, or you simply misinterpreted my statement and/or my intentions.

I am willing to conclude that you misinterpreted me, rather than start a pointless argument that will accomplish absolutely nothing toward an understanding of this issue. Whether you are going to address my statements directly or make offhand references to them, I would appreciate a less judgmental tone from you, regardless of how vindicated it may make you feel. I am attempting to observe common rules of etiquette here, although I may sometimes make humorous statements that may be interpreted otherwise. Similar etiquette would greatly aid the presentation of your argument. It would also prevent things from becoming rather unpleasant for all parties concerned.

I'll let that remark of yours slide for now. Future character attacks and undeserved rudeness, however, will not help your cause very much. I've got a good deal more tolerance for differing viewpoints than for mindless backlashing.