quote:
Originally posted by Wednesday:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:

The Bible clearly has a different opinion of homosexuality.

As does millenia of human law.

The second statement is incorrect, plain and simple. If you read the original article that started all this, you'll see that other countries in the world have legalized same-sex marriage.

J/C does not equal human. Not by a long shot.

I'll take Sammitch's advice, and refrain from commenting on the first statement...in this thread.

Respectfully, Wednesday, I firmly dispute this. The tradition of marriage goes back 6,000 years at least, in both Biblical law and broader human law, across many cultures.

Yes, other nations (Belgium and the Netherlands, and now Canada) have legalized gay marriage, but that has only been in recent decades, and I would wager that in the populations of these countries, an overwhelming majority would say that despite this being the LEGAL standard for marriage, that REAL marriage is a man and a woman, and that gay marriage sure as hell doesn't fit THEIR OWN standard.

Technically , yes, you're right, other states have accepted gay marriage, very recently.
But that is a manipulation of human law, that a majority of humans do not, and never will, accept.

As I said, gays have a right to their lifestyle choice. But they do NOT have a right to change the well-established millenia-long definition of marriage.