quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:

Because it forces Christians to accept a standard of "marriage" that goes against 6,000 years of tradition and Judao-Christian biblical teachings. And forces Christians to accept a legal standard that is in polar opposition to what Christianity teaaches marriage to be.

J/C beliefs about marriage do not go back that far. They are much younger than that.

Also, again, law can not be written to reflect one religion's belief system, even if this is a "Judeo-Christian country."

quote:

But with a Gay Marriage legal precedent, then Christians are forced to accept the same standard as gays. Which clearly undermines Christain culture, and forces Christians (and others who don't believe in gay marriage) to accept something that is clearly decadent according to their beliefs.

I feel I may need to bring it to your attention that not all Christians feel the same way that you do on the matter. There is quite a split, in fact, with more people on the side of beliefs opposing yours than you might think.

I also would like to add that, for the reason stated above, I don't feel you should be attacking the religion itself, klinton. It's all about how things are interpreted.

quote:

Christian businesses, for example, would be forced to pay spousal benefits to gay spouses, which is in clear contradiction of Christian beliefs. Which would be a travesty. [/QB]

Not true, since they would not be married in the Church.