quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl Jack:
Some more two cents lol...

Now, the government cannot say what defines a religious marriage. That is up to each denomination. If a certain church decides to allow a homosexual marriage, then that is up to them and not the governmant.

Likewise, none of the churches can stop a legal definition of marriage. They do not have to recognize a marriage outside of their own church. But I see no reason why a same-sex marriage in the legal sense can be a problem.

For openers, run this train of thought by a Mormon, and you'll find yourself quickly corrected. The government has shut down polygamous marriages.

As I've said repeatedly, if the government legalizes gay marriage, then it recognizes gays as a legitimate minority. Which has a whole onslaught of ramifications.

Not the least of which would be possibly preventing Christians (and other Bible-based religious faiths) from publicly reading from the Bible the above scriptures I quoted. Which would clearly legislate how Christianity is to be practiced. And corrupt it.

In addition, what I already said about forcing Christian owned companies to provide gay spousal benefits and other benefits to gay employees.