Pig Iron, I've been struggling, in the number of points tossed out here to answer, to get back to your post.

As usual, you are the model of non-inflammatory moderation, that reaches out to both sides, that makes me (for one) want to be conciliatory.

Your point is well taken, that all sin is equal in the eyes of God. I'm no more pure than a gay man, or anyone else. We've all fallen short of the perfect standard, in one way or another.
Myself included. So we're all subject to the same judgement.

I haven't personally condemned homosexuality, only the homosexual movement's anti-Biblical attempt to cloak itself in religious/moral purity, by instituting the concept of gay marriage, and attempting to force the rest of us to accept this clearly non-Biblical standard as somehow legitimate.

I've only focused on homosexuality because it is the subject of this discussion.

But I've also frequently railed on many other destructive elements in our culture. Particularly the decadence of popular culture, that promotes instant gratification and cynicism through virtually every source of entertainment and information:
movies, television, cable, music lyrics, music video, network news, celebrity news, video games, and even comic books.

One part of what you said that I particularly appreciated:

quote:
Originally posted by Pig Iron (on Page 4):
I wish people would quit thinking of the Bible as hate literature, because basically it [ the Bible ] disdains us all- not exclusively homosexuals. We cannot change what is wrong or evil in the eyes of God to suit our own wishes. We have to recognize the wrong we are commiting and ask forgiveness for it.

I couldn't agree more.

Being a Christian is a daily exercise in humility, because ALL have fallen short of the standard of God.
quote:
Ephesians 2:verses 8 and 9:

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith --and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- not by works, so that no one can boast."

I don't personally condemn homosexuality, I only point out what the Bible says on the subject, so there can be no misinterpretation of what the Biblical stance is on homosexuality.

And in this exposure of actual scripture, there can be no mistake where the line is drawn, and how enacting laws endorsing homosexuality would negatively impact Biblical teachings.