quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
It's not a diversionary tactic, Dave. Christ out and out said that he came to replace the Law Covanent, and adressed all sorts of evils to be condemned (again, the most distastful to him were the missuses of scripture by the rabinical class). If he came to do away with the Law Covanent, then how can you go about quoting it's passages as a means to judge me?

For the 50th time, I'm NOT judging you. I'm only pointing out the Biblical standard, so you can decide on your own behavior in an informed fashion.

And you could not possibly have butchered the words of Jesus Christ Himself more than you did in your last statement.

Borrowing from the Gospel of Matthew:

quote:
Matthew 5, verses 17-19:
17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

The teachings of Jesus are polar opposite what you allege.
I believe the corrupt interpretation is clear.

And verse 18, by the way, is a command not to change or re-write the Bible in any way, but to preserve it as written.