quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
I saw Howard Dean this morning as well, Willie.

I am so NOT use to this user name. When I saw "Willie" in your post, I thought for a second you were patronizing me! Then I realized that for some reason, I didn't use the old standard username.

quote:

I have no problem with a gay union that is clear and distinctive from marriage.

I WOULD have a problem with a legal standard that forces Christians to hire and provide benefits to gay individuals, whose lifestyle Christians clearly don't agree with.

Interesting. But wouldn't such a classification be worthless if it weren't enforced? How would it work from a practical standpoint? Optional benefits?

quote:

The problem is that any legal approval of gay marriage, or an equivalent by another name, is a beach-head that gays will use to push for these other things.

The slippery slope argument, yes? What would be worse in your views than marriage? Adoption would be the logical next step. After that there isn't much more that homosexuals can ask for is there? Overall, the gay community is far too successful to ask for Affirmative Action. I don't see any grounds for economic reperations.

quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
I do appologize for my lack of quotation here, but I will have it for you by day's end...But Christ did in fact state that he hasd come to yes, fulfill the Old Covenant, and usher in a new one. I'm posting now, only so as you don't feel I'm ignoring you.

And as to the "for the 50th time, I'm not judging you" : how can you sit here and state that your 'rights' as a christian come before my rights as an equal human being and tell me you haven't passed judgement?

He isn't "judging" your soul or condemning you. I'd say that is following Jesus's quote pretty well actually. That passage is often misinterpreted.