quote:
Originally posted by klinton:
Ok...sorry for the delay:

One original prophecy fortelling the passing of the Law covenant:

Jeremiah 31:31, 32 - "Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Isreal, and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with thier fathers in the day that I took them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they break, although I was an husband unto them sayeth the Lord:"

Jesus declaring the new covenant:

Matthew 26: 27, 28 - "And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, 'Drink ye all of it;
For it is my blood of the new testament which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Actually what you've taken out of context, misinterpreted is when Jesus and his disciples are at the last supper and Jesus is giving them comunion.

quote:

St. Paul's further acknowledgement of the Law Covenant's passing:

2Corinthians 3:6 - "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

According to the dictionary at the back of my Bible, the definition for covenant is as follows (this is the one that pertains to all the scripture your misinterpreting):

The promises of God for salvation.