klinton, it is frustrating, to say the very least, to see your interpretation that so completely distorts and bastardizes the word of God away from its clear meaning.

Here are the verses you quoted, in their full context:

quote:
Jeremiah 31:

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD ,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,"
declares the LORD .
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD .
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD ,'
because they will all know me,
from the least of them to the greatest,"
declares the LORD .
"For I will forgive their wickedness
and will remember their sins no more."

The old covenant is so obviously the Old Testament (i.e. the Mosaic law, and the books of the prophets, foretelling the coming Messiah).

The new covenant is the FULFILLMENT of those prophecies, in the life and person of Jesus of Nazareth.
God, in humility, came to Earth and lived as a man, to live as we live and experience all the vulnerabilities and temptations that we face. And then died to pay the price for the sins of all mankind, on the cross. And then, very importantly, was resurrected. And all who believe in Jesus as Messiah and follow his teachings will be resurrected as well.

I have absolutely no clue where you're trying to go with this alternate "new covenant" notion. But it sure isn't some loophole that allows for the endorsement of homosexuality by the Bible.

The new covenant is, again, the fulfullment of prophecy in the events of the life of Jesus.
In the new covenant, every faithful person who repents will know Jesus personally, and be forgiven personally. THAT is the "new covenant".