I agree with Dave on part of the issue. The Bible is pretty clear it considers sodomy a sin. We can talk about extraneous passages, interpretations, contradiction, etc. but from a simply reading of the Bible, homosexuality=bad.

My take on that is, the Bible was written by men in ancient times. Unlike DTWB, I am not a "direct word of God" student of Christianity.

I didn't see any cites on this from the Gospel that were directly on point, so everything else is secondary authority to ME (I understand that DTWB and others disagree).

I am also a lawyer and believe that we should have more reasoning for laws than someone doesn't like it.

I guess I just don't agree with DTWB's definition of freedom of religion.

There is case law that suggests the government can take action to ban ACTIVITIES of a certain religion as long as it is not targeted at the religion itself (is the Peyote/Indian case still good law? If not, use bigamy prohibitions instead). Likewise, they may allow activities that a religion dislikes, and have to deal with, even if they go against the teachings of that religion without infringing.

As long as the law is religiously neutral it is allowed.

This type of law would not be written to upset Christians, so it would not legally infringe upon one's right to free religion.