What you say to me here, in trying to rationalize your homosexuality, is simply not true.
It is either a deliberate attempt to deceive me, or self deception in your own mind. (Precisely the mindset described in the above quoted verses from Romans, by the way.)

quote:
2 Timothy 3,verse 16 (among many other verses):

"all scripture is God-breathed..."

http://bible.gospelcom.net/bible?passage=2TIM+3&language=english&version=NIV

Meaning all scripture in the Old and New Testaments is directly inspired by God. Moses, the prophets, and the apostles of Jesus who wrote the New Testament, including Paul, were essentially transcribers, whose written words come directly from God.

And again, in John 1, verse 1:
quote:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
, and John 10, verse 30:
quote:
30 "I and the Father are one."
(as I already quoted, in above posts, exhaustively and indisputably)

And again, whether you choose to accept it, or deny what is consistent and clear within the context of the Bible, ALL scripture in the Bible is from God.
The verses you want to arbitrarily reject from Genesis and Leviticus were quoted from God the Father, by Moses. (Jesus and God the Father are the same person, as the quoted verses above, and others, clearly establish)
The verses you reject from the New Testament are from God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit (three different manifestations, or faces, of the same God).
You either believe the Bible is true, and that all its scripture is from God, or you don't. You can't pick and choose what you want to believe, and still claim to represent what it teaches. Particularly homosexuality. Which is so clearly, absolutely, beyond any question, condemned in the Bible.
What you've said here paints such a clear picture of what I've been saying: That homosexuality is a threat to the Bible and Christianity, because it attempts to corrupt and warp scripture.

If I had any doubts, we've seen it played out pretty well over the last 6 topic pages.

In saying that, I don't mean that homosexuals as individuals are bad. But the Bible clearly teaches homosexuality, as a belief system, as a lifestyle is bad and corrupting in nature.

For this reason, while gays have a right to choose their own lifestyle as American citizens, within our democracy, I don't like the idea of gay marriage cloaked in a Christian marriage guise, which clearly distorts the meaning of Christianity, and tramples on the rights of Christians within our democracy, forcing Christians to accept as "moral" homosexual practices that are in clear opposition to what the Bible clearly teaches is immoral. Which infringes on Christians' freedom of religion.

Again, gays can create some alternative form of gay union, but do not have the right to change the meaning of marriage as it has existed and been defined as one man/one woman for at least 6000 years in Judeo/Christian culture and many other cultures.