quote:
Originally posted by Matter-eater Man:
Batwoman, a couple of pages back DWB said:
"As I said, I believe that it is a compulsion, an impulse, not inborn, and that it can be resisted, and virtually eliminated. There are many Christians who were practicing gays and lesbians, who are now happily married heterosexuals.
So for some at least, perhaps all, homosexual desire can be overcome and eliminated. Not repressed, but just eliminated as a desire by a change in goals, perspective and priorities."

Granted he doesn't say anything about an Institute. It does match their litrature though & I was going by memory. My mistake. So where does he get his conclusions though? I don't know any reformed homosexuals myself, I do know some self hating ones though or ones that had a long struggle with it. A result of a strict religous background IMHO

I get my conclusions from many sources over the last 20 years.
There are non-Christian conservatives who feel similarly, that gays try to create the idea that homosexuality is an inborn trait, and that it is a skewed scientific perspective, where gays in the scientific community, and those sympathetic to the gay position, basically fabricate the evidence of something indicating a "gay gene", or similar extrapolations. One article I saw was in TIME, that argued both the gay and the non-gay views from the scientific community. Sometime in the early/mid 1990's.

From Christian sources, if you were to watch The 700 Club or Coral Ridge Hour, I'm sure you'd see coverage of gay issues from the conservative/Christian perspective. One I don't watch as much who also discusses the Biblical position on homosexuality frequently is Hal Lindsey, on his program Wednesdays at 8:30 PM.

But my opinion on homosexuality was well established from secular sources, long before I ever gave the Christian news sources any serious consideration.