I just wanted to quickly address this, before heading off home:

quote:

He described frequenting gay clubs and having anonymous sex with many men, frequently in a parking lot or alley behind a gay club. Several gay men who have left the homosexual life have described similar experiences to me.

If you substituted the word "homosexual" for "heterosexual", and "man" for "woman" in that passage, you'd be describing my lifestyle in the late 80s and most of the 90s.

"Decadence" isn't confined to gays. Which kind of gets back to my point: I could have married in a church, entirely unrepentant of my lifestyle, and yet a committed gay couple who have lead a chaste life for years and years cannot. (As an aside, I did not get married in a church because I'm an atheist, and I felt it would been hypocritical and shown disrespect to the church if I had done so).

I'd like particularly to address your assertion that AIDS is a predominantly homosexual disease and a sign of the corruptive nature of homosexuality, and therefore a reason why gays should not be allowed to get married in a church, but will have to leave it until the morning (my time).