quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
Gays would serve their cause better by not rubbing their abberrant sexuality in the rest of our faces. It's just gross to me, I don't even want to think about it. I feel no hostility toward gays, let them do whatever they want behind closed doors.
But force me to look at it, and to see laws passed that undermine the definition of marriage as it has existed for 6,000 years, and twists the very meaning of the Bible itself... well, you've crossed the line of what you can do in your own home, and tried to pervert what is sacred to me. Just so you can rationalize your own lifestyle.

*thunk* (Klint engages in the infinitely more productive activity of slaming his head into a wall).

As I said in I think the very first reply i gave to you, it's not about 'getting respect'. I don't want your respect, or even your approval. What I do want is to know that if I'm in the hospital, my boyfriend will be allowed at my bedside. What I do want is to be confident that if I died tomorrow, my boyfriend would unquestionably inherit my estate. What I want is the satisfaction that I am not a second class citizen, subject to the whims of people like you. Fine, you feel that Christ hates me. That's your perogative. That is still no justification for treating me as an invalid member of society.

I don't want to shove anything in your face any more than you'd want to shove your life in mine. Quite frankly all of the 'abberhant' sexuality that goes along with my life is my buisness....I think I'd be more disgusted if you were wittness to it than you ever could be. :)

And for the last bloody time, before you start flining the word 'lie' at me, and my faith in Christ, you should really take a step back and re-examine all of the 'facts' that you've presented in your arguments. I'd hoped you'd understood that my intentions in extrapolating on bible context are genuine in their intent. Quite frankly, that whole discussion should never have taken place because it's pretty much drowned out anything else that's been said to you, hasn't it?