quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
quote:
YOU (and many people like you, unfortunately) are the one who wants to use your take on the Bible as a means to continue discriminating against gays, Dave. YOU are the one trying to force your beliefs down everyone else's throats. However, since we do have a separation of church and state in this country, the bible should play no part in the legality of gay marriages.

As Danny pointed out a few pages back, though, there is a distinction betwene a legal marriage and a Christian marriage. None of the Christian arguments can negate the right to gay couples going to a civil celebrant and obtianing a marriage license.

My issue is that a loving Christian Church should not deny a gay couple the same privilege as a straight couple. On that point, I fear you are right: it is discrimination.

I was just responding to an earlier post by Wonder Dave where he claimed that the US government was going to ultimately trample on his rights as a christian--- I think that's completely unfounded horseshit, but if it ever DID happen I would definitely fight for his right to worship.

What he wants, though, is to exclude/deny a homosexual's right to worship or have a church wedding based on HIS take on the Bible. Just another bully hiding behind "the good book" and trying to use it as a weapon against those who are different than him.

Of course christianity won't stop homosexuals from getting legally married, T-Dave. As much as people like Wonder Boy hate it, one day (and probably not too far off, really) gays and lesbians in the US will get all the rights and benefits that they deserve. It's just a matter of time.