quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
As Danny pointed out a few pages back, though, there is a distinction between a legal marriage and a Christian marriage. None of the Christian arguments can negate the right to gay couples going to a civil celebrant and obtianing a marriage license.

My issue is that a loving Christian Church should not deny a gay couple the same privilege as a straight couple. On that point, I fear you are right: it is discrimination.

Along the same path of thought, a loving court system should not convict and imprison thieves, rapists, drug dealers and murderers.

Laws are set up for a reason, for the good of society.

And the Bible is a set of laws of moral behavior. If those laws are not enforced and practiced, then why have them in the first place?
And without them, it is no longer Christianity. It is decadence and sexual immorality.

As Captain Sammitch said in one of his posts, more articulately, 3 or 4 pages back.

I'm really tired of answering the same questions I and others have already answered. I think many here want to believe we're wrong, and thus don't give serious consideration to the arguments I and others have raised.