quote:
Originally posted by Matter-eater Man:
Actually DWB you do interpet the Bible with your own bias. The story of Sodom for example you apply to todays gay people. What literaly happened in that story? A mob tries to rape some angles & are punished by God. Now if one of the villagers asked one of the angles out on a date & was punished by God I would believe your interpretation.

Because, for the 50th time, comparing the many verses of the Bible about homosexuality, and moral purity, and sexual purity, and the sanctity of marriage (clearly, between a man and a woman), the Bible clearly condemns homosexuality specifically.

quote:
LEVITICUS 20:13

13 The LORD said to Moses... " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. "

and Romans chapter 1, verses :
quote:

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

The meaning of these words is clear and unmistakeable. There is no question of interpretation, or expiration date. The Bible is clear this is the eternal law to be preserved. God the Father/Jesus clearly condemns homosexuality as an immoral act.

For the 50th time. Indisputably.
~
quote:

I know it's off-topic but I would be interested in your interpretation of Jesus's view on piety?

Jesus said the most important things were to:

1. Love the Lord with all all your heart, mind and spirit.
2. Love your neighbor as your self. Show compassion and mercy, show kindness to your enemies, and pray for your enemies, treat all men (or all humankind) as brothers (i.e., the same respect as your own family)
3. Teach the good news of God's mercy, of God's love of all men and women, and of Jesus' own sacrifice, and gift of salvation to all humankind.
(I'm not preaching, I was asked this question.)

Jesus was critical of the Pharisees and Saduccees (dominant Jewish sects of the time), because they were technically following the letter of the law, but not the spirit of the law. Jesus taught love and compassion, but not abandonment of Old Testament law. He clearly condemned sexual immorality, which homosexuality is a sub-category of as well, since what God the Father condemned in the Old Testament is what Jesus condemned with the same voice:

again,JOHN 10, VERSE 30
quote:
"I and the Father are one..."
and MATTHEW 5, VERSES 17-18:
quote:

17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.
19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

quote:

Arguments that have gays leading the country's slide into decadence smacks of scapegoatism. If gays are so decadent why do so many want to get married?

No one is scapegoating gays here.
I've said OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER that the same standard applies to heterosexuals who engage in sexual immorality as well.
Homosexuality, AGAIN, is only ONE FORM of immorality. Its prevalence is a Biblical sign of the end times, though, and of a civilization on the eve of destruction.

Several have tried to misrepresent what I've CLEARLY SAID, that homosexuality is only ONE FORM of immorality, and not the Christian church's sole focus for some kind of witch hunt. Clearly, the message bears some repeating, if it is to sink in.