quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
Along the same path of thought, a loving court system should not convict and imprison thieves, rapists, drug dealers and murderers.

Laws are set up for a reason, for the good of society.

And the Bible is a set of laws of moral behavior. If those laws are not enforced and practiced, then why have them in the first place?
And without them, it is no longer Christianity. It is decadence and sexual immorality.

Church is not state. Christian laws do not and should not influence government laws.

There is a distinction between legal marriage and Christian marriage.

Gays should have the right to a legal marriage, on an equal playing ground to straight couples.

When it comes to the Christian side of things, I don't profess myself knowledgable enough in the bible to make a judgement. While I believe the church should allow gay couples to marry (hateful tradition be damned), I'm in no position to say whether or not that's in accordance with the bible.

I still take issue with your labelling of homosexuality as immoral. If you believe this because the bible says so, then I can't really argue that. You believe in a book that I place no stock in.
But you say that homosexuality is depraved and insidious. Separately from the biblical argument, you claim that it lowers moral standards and spreads disease.
What two consenting adults do is not immoral. And opening up the doors to allow freedom of choice as to where one wants to stick their dick when they get home from work is NOT a lowering of moral standards. It is allowing freedom of choice, which, as long as you're not hurting anybody, is in accordance with the ideals upon which both our countries were founded.
And AIDS is not strictly a gay disease. You cannot use AIDS to justify calling homosexuality insidious and corrupt.