quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl Jack:

I leave this place for a week and this becomes a catfight. *grabs hose and waters entire forum*

So...its kind of tough to respond to eighty pages of posts. Here goes a lot of random thoughts.

I am getting sick from this Christian-bashing and overall lack of respect on this topic. 'You disagree with me...therefore you are a poo-poo head' Real mature guys, real mature.

Okay...so being a Christian brings up a sterotype of some backwoods hick that can't stand change. Or whatever the local variation is (like down here the sterotype includes a certain battle flag, but obviously that doesn't work up North).

I am real sorry that some of you think that way. As with any group, only the bad stuff makes the news, so it's no wonder the bad image Christians have. Bad things have been done in the name of religion (the Spanish Inquision and the September 11th attacks come to mind), all religious and groups have their little dark moments. We are not all white sheep, you know.

Now I am a practicing Catholic, so I would like to make a few corrections to the statements here. We do not pray to saints -- we ask them to pray for us. Its not idol-worshipping. The priest scandels have been a big deal. I am not happy with what is being done -- but neither does my priest. He would rather see a few good priests then several bad apples. He's a great man, and I am proud to have been the head alter server (they haven't been called 'alter boys' in years) and working for him...

Ever wonder what it's like to be gay?