quote:
Originally posted by harleykwin:
And I find it hypocritical that Christians - not all mind you but based on some of the comments on this thread certainly some - can actually be surprised when they judge people who don't follow their beliefs to the letter and call anyone who chooses a lifestyle that they are uncomfortable with "perverts" or sinner" and things less kind...
Listen, Christians, like anyone else practicing anyreligion, have every right to think and feel the way they do.

You must mean me. I've only quoted what the Bible says. As I've said on pretty much every page of this topic, repeatedly, it's NOT my/our judgement. We are all imperfect in different ways (i.e., we are ALL sinners, whether Christians or non-Christians, homosexuals or HETEROsexuals, all are imperfect in the eyes of God.)
I've only clarified what the Bible ITSELF says. I've pointed out the STANDARD, not passed judgement. Judgement is reserved for God alone.

quote:
Originally posted by harleykwin:

What has surprised me though, throughout the four pages of this thread that I have read (the last four, BTW), is that quite a few times "Christian values" have been brought up as something that people should follow as if there are no other moral codes that people follow. And that's fine, if you are a Christian. You want to follow your beliefs, go right ahead, but to judge everyone by your rules and moral code is inevitably going to lead to a debate if those people don't follow your rules.

But again, as I've said endlessly, gays have a right to their beliefs, OUTSIDE of Christianity. But to attempt the idea of gay marriage under the facade that Christianity endorses it, is to warp the meaning of Christianity out from under the Christians who practice it.
It is a violation of Christian ideology and teaching.
To me, it's like a black guy trying to join the Klu Klux Klan.
Or a Klansman trying to join the N.A.A.C.P.
Or a bunch of Christians getting together and creating a new denomination "Islam".
Or a bunch of radical Palestinians getting together and forming a new denomination, calling it "Judaism".

The polar difference in ideology in all of these examples would make any of these occurrences justifiably threatening to the given pre-existing organizations and religions.

Again, gays have a right to their lifestyle. They do NOT have the right to distort the meaning and traditions of Christianity.