quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
Dave,

I still feel that, whether deliberately or by misinterpretation, you have not accurately portrayed my views in your counterpoints.

That is called a "strawman" argument, and is a very unfair way to debate: I don't think I've done that, but have merely tried to get at the crux of what you've been saying.

quote:

On a minor point:

quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
OK, so non-repentant homosexuals and non-repentant promiscuous heterosexuals are EQUALLY not permitted to get married in a church? This is the concession I thought we had.

Gays can get married to persons of the OPPOSITE sex, once they give up sexual immorality, and change to a Bible-based Christian lifestyle.

Heterosexuals who have engaged in premarital/extramarital sex can marry in a church, once they give up sexual immorality and change to a Bible-based Christian lifestyle.

I paraphrased only slightly, but what I've said is exactly the same as in many of my posts where I answered the same question previously. I fail to understand what is so difficult to grasp in this stated position.

You seem to imply each time that they're forever banned by their past or present behavior. Whereas I think it's clear in each time I've posted that once someone changes to a Christian lifestyle, all is forgiven.

Yes, you've made this plain. What I was trying to get at is that the promiscuous heterosexual and the homosexual are treated differently in your paradigm - which you have refuted. You say you have to have overcome your heterosexual promiscuity before being allowed to marry.