quote:
1. Christianity is open to all who will believe. Those who violate Biblical teachings are, by definition, non-believers. It's the choice of those who break the Biblical law of Christian behavior, not the Christians or the God who live by them.
Your example is like saying that it's society's fault that an armed robber is in prison for 25 years, not the fact that he held up a liquor store and shot someone. "Society is hateful for putting him in prison, why do they have to enforce the laws?" Because those are the rules of society, and if you do not obey those rules, you are excluded for the good of all who believe in and obey the rules. Those who don't obey destroy it with actions and counter-ideology. Every organization and culture has to have rules and a standardized ideology to preserve itself.

The problem with your analogy is that armed robbers cause violence and disruption to society. Homosexuality does not. Yes, I know you think it is corruptive because gays spread AIDS, try to re-interpret the Bible, try to get rights, and are not well-regarded by any other culture. I think I've made it plain that none of these satisfy any definition of "corruption". Armed robbery is not merely re-ditributing wealth: it is an act of violence which society needs to take steps against.

A ban against homosexuality is entirely arbitrary.

I have to go now and give a seminar, and I'll not be back until tomorrow, when I'll address your other points.