quote:
Originally posted by Dave:

You've cited Occam's Razor before as a logic tool: how does the Bible fare against the razor?

God himself generally doesn't do well: the Bible, with its detailed history of development, does even more poorly. Why believe it is the word of God when it has been so thoroughly edited on so many occasions?

You will have to prove this. I've already said that there are many books to prove that the Bible is more verifiable, with more exisiting manuscripts, than any other ancient document.

~

Also, I consider your repeated use of the term Radical Fundamentalist to be another stereotyping pejorative label, which again skews the stated objectivity.

I will admit that I am a fundamentalist (meaning I think Christianity should be practiced with the Bible it is sourced from as its sole authority for practicing Christianity).

But to add the phrase "radical" to me attempts to paint fanaticism. The phrase "Radical Fundamentalism" summons to mind Ayatollahs and murderous repressive Islamic governments.
And despite the fact that conservative Christians peacefully protest and express outrage at decadent social changes such as gay marriage, there is not a pattern of violence that follows that belief.
Please point to me one Christian government in the world that opresses and forces Christianity on its population, or slaughters or imprisons dissenters.
It is a misleading stereotyping label.