quote:
Regarding the apocryphal verses, they are by definition apocryphal, not biblical. They were rejected from the Bible because they were discovered over time to be thematically ans structurally inconsistent with the themes of the accepted 66 books of the bible. Communication in ancient times was not what it is in modern times and the Christian church arguably did not have control over all the things said in the name, or even in the mainstream, of Christianity. And come to think of it, even in modern times, things can be alleged (the acceptance of gay marriage, for example) in the name of Christianity that is not representative of the vast majority of Christians.
Rejected by who though? Not God. He didn't edit His works: humans did. I have read somewhere that Revelations and the Book of Solomon were also almost thrown out during he Council of Nicea.

quote:

Please point to me one Christian government in the world that opresses and forces Christianity on its population, or slaughters or imprisons dissenters.

The last one I know of was Franco's government in Facist Spain. I think Salazar's Portugal was also a Christian facist government, from memory. So its been around 30 years since we've seen such a government.