A couple of thoughts & comments...

Rob if it was a case of legal gay marriages being OK with everybody but not forcing any churches to do them this wouldn't be a zillion pages long. Wednesday's latest post goes to show this isn't going to happen soon. Lots of time & money is going to be spent on this issue that should really only concern those who want to step up & make a commitment to their spouse.

Dave, really enjoyed what you had to say. Some really thoughtful intelligent stuff. Far better than I could come up with. If only this was some how Legion Trivea [biiiig grin]

Batwoman if your going to slander me, a suggestion. Try to use MK's style I think it's more entertaining & you have to keep in mind that we've had pages of gay people (me) going to hell, leading everyone else into hell, spreading disease, faking scientific results & being categorized as a fetish & so on. Being called a druggie, while original, doesn't really register on the insultameter. [wink]

Samuel revisited, minus the insults you guys did provide some insights I hadn't considered. Thanks Pig Iron for taking the time & sticking with a nice clear response. Now to be honest I'm still stuck on the line about loving each other more than their own souls. Love is a really abused word these days as well as soul to a lesser extent. So reading it in a 21st century frame of mind I could just figure their love for each other is just being overstated. But it is the Bible & this is where we're finding out just how good of friends these two guys are. OK so what's a soul in the Bible? I figure we're talking that immortal thing that we have that either goes to heaven or hell. It's more important than your own life. In fact it's such a big thing that I can't imagine loving somebody more than what the Bible is saying these two guys did. OK so where I need a little help with is if that's just a good friendship how could a love any mightier between a man & woman? I honestly can't top a soul.