quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
I feel vindicated in my conservative views as well, by your own posted views, and those of other gays and liberals here. I feel you evade the issues, and dismiss contemptuously the Bible's authenticity.

I don't dismiss it with contempt. I dismiss it with the utmost respect. But, at the end of the day, you are right in observing that I do dismiss it.

That is the nature of belief. You choose to believe that it is the word of God. I choose instead to believe that it is a valuable manuscript containing many life-guiding principles. I also choose to believe that it is fallible - it must be, as it was edited by men - whereas you do not.

quote:

Meanwhile, it is the cornerstone of Christianity, and also of American Democracy. Despite the best attempts to hide the fact that "ignorant" Christianity is the basis of our government and freedom and Western culture, and the foundation of America's public schools and universities.

Now you raise an interesting point. While I agree it is the fundament for Western culture, I hesitatingly doubt it is the fundament of Western freedom. But that is an argument for another day.

quote:

Your views of Christianity are dismissive of its freedom, compassion, and enlightening aspects, despite arguments clearly made by myself, Captain Sammitch and a few others.

No, I've no doubt that Christianity possesses those values, which is why its all the more sad that some Christians cannot extend those to gays.

quote:

So be it. You're entitled to your opinion. I just wish you didn't have to paint me as ignorant in order to voice your own perspective.

My views are as thought out as yours. You just choose to ignore that perspective, and slap labels on me.

A shame that your failure to convince me of the merits of your argument have led you to that conclusion.

Fuckin' beautiful, man! All joking aside, I just have to tip my hat to T-Dave for the way he has handled himself in this little "debate". You blew (oops! Bad choice of words [wink] ) ol' Davey away and still managed to be completely respectful/civil. Very well done, counselor.

I may be a vile, ad hominem asshole myself, but at least I WAS pretty entertaining. :lol: (Thanks for the props back on page 18, Matter-Eater Man! :) )

And I'm ready for that "spanking" now Cowgirl, Harpie, and Batwoman! Bring it on, ladies!!! [humina humina]