quote:
Originally posted by Cowgirl Jack:
Hardly a 'friendly jest'. You know, I've been pretty open-minded during this whole disscussion. Why? I am just a big a sinner as others here. Why should I slam gays or any other group condemned by the Bible? Why should a country that has no official religion stop a group of 'sinners' from getting legal marriage. A prositute is a 'sinner' and she can be legally married. Heck, I'm a sinner and I can be legally married.

You know, I am willing to debate this with anyone else on this thread. I disagree with just about everyone here, but at least I respect their opinions and under normal circumstances I don't go to your level. You have hardly contributed anything of intelligence here -- just pissing in the wind.

And how fuck do you call me frigid? 'Oh....I can't make a logical arguement against the Queen Bitch, so I'll call her names'.

Well here's hoping there is a Purgatory and God understands 'civil disobedience'. GO FUCK YOURSELF!

i COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. I've tried to avoid posting on this thread because over time, i've found little tolerance on my part to responding to the bigotry of others. I'll just let them be. They aern't going to influence my beleifs and hopefully the beleifs and laws of our SECULAR nation over their justifications for hate that they derive from an ancient manuscript. If I recall, that same manuscript was also used to justify slavery for a while. The world changes and becomes more enlightened and sadly some of us are going to get left behind clinging on to our bigotry and our own sense of moral superiority and justice. In a country that embraces the seperation of church and state, there is absolutely NO REASON why two people who are committed to each other shouldn't enjoy the same rights as everyone else.

Romans 3:23: "...all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."